Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Separation Move Questions

1. Regular Member

Separation Move Questions

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! I don't normally post here but you guys are my go to for info every single time. I hope I put this in the right place, considering it's a moving question as well as an after active duty question.

My husband is separating (honorably) from the Navy in September and starts his terminal leave in the beginning of August. We are doing a PPM move and have requested the money to be advanced for that so that is good to go. But there is some confusion on the travel pay aspect of it.

I know he doesn't get DLA, but I know he is supposed to get MALT and perdiem; and have them advanced at 80%. His command has been told a million different things, that he does get it advanced, that he doesn't ect... We really could use this money before we leave since it will add up to over $2000 and I am about to pull out my hair over this.

If anyone has been through this, or knows, does he get the perdiem and the MALT advanced or is it reimbursed after we submit the move paperwork at his HOR? Thanks so much in advance for your help!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    yes he can get it advanced he can even get 60% of the estimate of the ppm in advanve
  3. Regular Member
    Thanks gunsgirl! Yeah, we have already requested the PPM money in advance but it's the travel money that I am getting the run around with. My husband submitted the advance request for the Perdiem and MALT today so fingers crossed it goes smoothly.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    also make sure he files his final travel claim as soon as you get to your new location, because he will only be on TL for a month- they will not pay the balance of the claim until the audit is complete, and this can take 4-8 weeks after he goes on terminal leave.
    and they will not start the final audit until the PCS claim is filed and recieved.
  5. Regular Member
    We planned on doing it like the day after we got to Colorado. I know we are going to need that money ASAP since my husband is going to start school around the time we get there and we have to wait for the GI Bill to start paying the housing stipend. This separation move is about 1000 times more stressful than a normal PCS and I really appreciate your help gunsgirl!
  6. Senior Member
    Same thing happened to DH when he started the ACAP process for getting out of the Army. Every person told him "no, you can't get an advance." However, on the next to last day of out processing at Finance, the guy offered DH one and we received it.