Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Does my husband need to return this jacket?

  1. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #1

    Does my husband need to return this jacket?

    Advertisements
    My husband said there are certain things he needs to return when he gets out or hell get in trouble or have to pay for them or something. Idk what these items are so I apologize if this is the dumbest question ever.

    I went downstairs this morning to find my misbehaving beast of a dog moved his crate across the room and got this jacket of my husbands in through the wires. It had never been worn, he chewed through the plastic bag it was in and started chewing up the zippers, so now obviously they don't work. It's this puffy green jacket, he ate through most of the tag so I can only tell it said extreme cold weather something. There's nowhere on it for nametapes or anything. Is this something he probably needs to return or is it no big deal? If he doesn't need to return it then it's really no huge loss cause he's apparently never worn it and we live in Hawaii.
  2. Senior Member
    kaaau's Avatar
    kaaau is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,818
    #2
    It sounds like it is something that he might have had to sign for and needs to return. Things do happen to stuff you sign for and he should just be able to just turn it back in as long as it isn't shredded....................

    Edited to add---a jacket like that would often have the name tapes sewn on velcro patches are a more recent thing
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Senior Member
    Sooner*twin's Avatar
    Sooner*twin is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pensacola NAS
    Posts
    2,369
    #3
    DF said they only give them to people in the North and they're expensive...and that you may or may not have to sign for it Thanks...DF.
  4. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    It sounds like it is something that he might have had to sign for and needs to return. Things do happen to stuff you sign for and he should just be able to just turn it back in as long as it isn't shredded....................

    Edited to add---a jacket like that would often have the name tapes sewn on velcro patches are a more recent thing
    Alright well it's definitely not shredded, it's just the main zipper needs to be replaced lol. As long as he won't get in trouble or anything.
  5. Senior Member
    kaaau's Avatar
    kaaau is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,818
    #5
    You may be able to take it to a tailor who deals in military clothing and just have the zipper replaced then.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  6. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    You may be able to take it to a tailor who deals in military clothing and just have the zipper replaced then.
    I may look into that. He's overseas for training rn, if I can figure out a way for him to not ever find out I let the dog ruin something that would be awesome haha
  7. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mommie2My4Angels's Avatar
    Mommie2My4Angels is offline
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Posts
    4,883
    #7
    My Dh said to tell him to get on AKO there is an area called either my clothing record or my clothing bag same place as his education stuff and it will show him what he needs to turn back in.

    Dh just looked and it is under the self service tab . I hope this helps
  8. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    My Dh said to tell him to get on AKO there is an area called either my clothing record or my clothing bag same place as his education stuff and it will show him what he needs to turn back in.

    Dh just looked and it is under the self service tab . I hope this helps
    !!!!! Fantastic discovery!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •