Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Anyone else ERB denied?

  1. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    JustMrsJoann's Avatar
    JustMrsJoann is offline
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lusby, MD
    Posts
    5,383
    Blog Entries
    3
    #1

    Anyone else ERB denied?

    Advertisements
    We are out come Septmeber 2012. Just looking for others to get ideas about jobs and what not from.
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  2. [You can love me or hate me, but You can never break me!]
    InfantryWifeWhit's Avatar
    InfantryWifeWhit is offline
    [You can love me or hate me, but You can never break me!]
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ஐ hometown: Chester,Vaஐ
    Posts
    181
    Blog Entries
    1
    #2
    ACAP classes.. when he does his 4 days of them before seperating, spouses can go... I've done em and I'll do em again in 4 yrs when DH retires
    Love being a Mommy of "back 2 back" girls or "irish twins" Adiana Mae & Daelyn Skyy are only 11 1/2 months apart in age They r the same age 1 week in sept!I'm a very sarcastic, non thinking before speaking, calling out people's daily acts of stupidity,hard to make me actually "like" you, kinda girl ;p I hate hipocrites and will be the first to call one out!Proud of being the wife of a Ssg and even more Proud to be a SOLDIER myself
  3. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by InfantryWifeWhit View Post
    ACAP classes.. when he does his 4 days of them before seperating, spouses can go... I've done em and I'll do em again in 4 yrs when DH retires
    Had to google that. Navy calls it TAPS.
  4. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #4
    If you want guidance and advice PM me. I deal with this a lot and can lead you in the right direction. Make sure you husband affiliates in the Reserves and he needs to put his application into Fleet RIDE before 2300 on Wednesday for a chance.

    Make sure he goes to TAP right away and it is mandatory. You are allowed to go. Keep an eye out on information for job fairs

    Also, make sure his command assigns a separation sponsor to help assist. It's the commands responsibilty to take care of him until 30 Sep.
  5. [You can love me or hate me, but You can never break me!]
    InfantryWifeWhit's Avatar
    InfantryWifeWhit is offline
    [You can love me or hate me, but You can never break me!]
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ஐ hometown: Chester,Vaஐ
    Posts
    181
    Blog Entries
    1
    #5
    We use the term ACAP but my workbook does have TAP on it so sorry ab that but yes ma'am its a great resource when transitioning.
  6. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by InfantryWifeWhit View Post
    We use the term ACAP but my workbook does have TAP on it so sorry ab that but yes ma'am its a great resource when transitioning.
    I think the Army does have a great transition program in ACAP. As a Sailor I would recommend it.
  7. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    mossey2000's Avatar
    mossey2000 is offline
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gulfport
    Posts
    10,201
    #7
    My DH is Phase 2, so hopefully we find out soon especially since I'm pregnant. I'd check out usajobs and indeed.com for jobs.
  8. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    My DH is Phase 2, so hopefully we find out soon especially since I'm pregnant. I'd check out usajobs and indeed.com for jobs.
    The results come out tomorrow for Phase II at 1200 EST
  9. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #9
    i recommend going to a TAPS Class ASAP- then go again in 3 months and again in 3 months-
    there is so much info that it is hard to take it in all at once.

    just to let you know look at your local dept of labor for assistance also- and if he is getting ETSed he may qualify for unemployment and employment assistance thru the state.
    another great source is snagajob.com
  10. Senior Member
    NC@SEA's Avatar
    NC@SEA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,097
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    i recommend going to a TAPS Class ASAP- then go again in 3 months and again in 3 months-
    there is so much info that it is hard to take it in all at once.

    just to let you know look at your local dept of labor for assistance also- and if he is getting ETSed he may qualify for unemployment and employment assistance thru the state.
    another great source is snagajob.com
    Guns, his process is a lot different then what most folks will face. The Navy has some obligations to fulfill based on them cutting off their contracts. TAP is mandatory in this case and they will be having job fairs and such for these Sailors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •