Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Med Boarding

1. New Member

Med Boarding

Advertisements
    Well, it's official. DH is being Med Boarded. He's going to try to appeal it and all, but he doesn't sound very confident that it'll go his way.
    I'm not really sure what to say to him about all of this. I told him I'm sorry this is happening, and that maybe it's for the best considering his health issues. But really, I'm pretty positive there isn't anything I can say. The Army has been his life for the past 10 years. He has spent 44 months deployed to Iraq. And now, he feels like a dirtbag because he isn't allowed to work between the hours of 1800 and 0500, he isn't allowed to handle a weapon, or ride in a military vehical, or really anything that is required of a soldier. The unit he is in right now trains reservists on the range. So...yeah. I don't blame him for feeling like a D-Bag, but it's not like he wanted this to happen. It just breaks my heart to see him like this.
    I'm not really sure where we're headed once the process is complete. I'm thinking staying with my mom until we get our feet on the ground is the best choice, but I'm not sure that's what he wants to do.

Anyways, I'm sorry that was so long. Really just needed to get that out. I'm trying to be positive about this, but it's hard when I see him this way.

One True Love
  2. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Counting down last few days in TN, then to Ft Benning
    Quote Originally Posted by ncgirl View Post
    what she said
  4. New Member
    Thanks ya'll! I'm just hoping that he sees the upside to it.

One True Love
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. I know that people take a lot of pride in their work and it must be incredibly difficult to be told you "can't" do the job you love.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I know know the history of what happened to him but I am so sorry y'all are dealing with this. My husband had two heart surgeries a few years back & was almost Med Board as well. He was already distraught about it at the thought that he might have to get out when he loves his job so much!

Praying all works out for y'all!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  7. Senior Member
    I'm sorry!
  8. New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I know know the history of what happened to him but I am so sorry y'all are dealing with this. My husband had two heart surgeries a few years back & was almost Med Board as well. He was already distraught about it at the thought that he might have to get out when he loves his job so much!

Praying all works out for y'all!
    Two heart surgeries?! Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad that they let your DH work through his medical stuff.

DH has seven permanent bruises on his brain and they said that one more head injury could kill him. He is also struggling with PTSD induced panic attacks that put him at a really high risk for a stroke (because of the brain injuries). Unfortunately the pills that work the best for all of it (migraines, PTSD issues, and panic attacks) also make it so he can't be considered "Fit For Duty" but without the pills, he can't work really either. And since there isn't a surgery they can do to help with his situation, they've decided he needs to be med-boarded.

I think it'll be a blessing in the long run, it just stinks right now.

One True Love