Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Private Contractors

  1. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #1

    Private Contractors

    Advertisements
    So my best friend told me last night that he is going to Afghanistan in either June or July with a private contractor. So is his roommate. Both of them used to be Army. I'm not so sure on their statuses with the military now.

    But I'm curious how this all works. I know contractors make GOOD money doing this, but what is it exactly that they are there for?
  2. Senior Member
    Gingersaurus-Rex's Avatar
    Gingersaurus-Rex is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,164
    #2
    Welp, I definitely think I would wait to choose that job as the government sits right now.

    I think they basically do whatever their military job was as civilians.
  3. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by USCsemperfi View Post
    Welp, I definitely think I would wait to choose that job as the government sits right now.

    I think they basically do whatever their military job was as civilians.
    Interesting. Yea that's what I said too, but I dunno when they decided all this because it's already a definite for him atleast, and a maybe for his roomie. They were both infantry, so they'll just do that on their own??

    Weird...lol
  4. Senior Member
    Gingersaurus-Rex's Avatar
    Gingersaurus-Rex is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    8,164
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinnicole401 View Post
    Interesting. Yea that's what I said too, but I dunno when they decided all this because it's already a definite for him atleast, and a maybe for his roomie. They were both infantry, so they'll just do that on their own??

    Weird...lol
    Owell, probably not infantry haha.
  5. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by USCsemperfi View Post
    Owell, probably not infantry haha.
    lol yea I was like ummmmm ok.

    I'll have to ask him.

    Thanks though! I was always curious what it is private contractors do over there. All I knew is they can make a ton of money doing it.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #6
    Basically doing what they were doing but as a civilian. Not sure if there is greater risk being a contractor or not, but a spouse wouldn't get any benefits if they were to die or anything.
  7. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #7
    DH was a contractor when he went over to Kuwait after his deployment and brought me with him.

    They do all kinds of things, DH did the same thing, in the same building, in actually the same desk he did when he was deployed there.
  8. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    DH was a contractor when he went over to Kuwait after his deployment and brought me with him.

    They do all kinds of things, DH did the same thing, in the same building, in actually the same desk he did when he was deployed there.
    hahah that's weird.
  9. Senior Member
    ukygirl's Avatar
    ukygirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    6,947
    #9
    They can do stuff like when they were in. Or they can do stuff like work security on boats to protect from the pirates. There is a lot they can do.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover

  10. Account Closed
    BudLiteQueen's Avatar
    BudLiteQueen is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,596
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ukygirl View Post
    They can do stuff like when they were in. Or they can do stuff like work security on boats to protect from the pirates. There is a lot they can do.
    I always laugh when I hear the term "pirates" in a serious way. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •