Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Im scared out of my mind

1. No more marines! :)
    No more marines! :)

Help Im scared out of my mind

Advertisements
    So this is the most scarest situation in my life. My DH has no plan for 3 months when he gets out. Well he will be using the gi bill in january which this as you know will have housing allowance. Well I have a job right now and finishing up school. I only make 1000 a month which is not enough to cover rent for 3 months!! We live in southern cali which its expensive to live anyway. The original plan was for him to extend till january to have enough money. Well he is not. Now i have to look for a second job to try to cover what we have right now. I can't even talk to my DH about it. It is like talking to a brick wall. He doesn't understand the economic mess this country is in. He won't even try to look for any job till october. Which is a month before he gets out. He thinks the best idea is to move up to his parents where we pay a small amount of rent. Well this not good for me because A) my family is down here B) all the good schools are down here. How do i began to explain this info to Dh? He says oh we have savings. Im not spending my savings that is also for my education on these 3 months! Im just so scared. end of vent..
    "I happen to like nice men" "I'm nice" "No you're not, you're..." (He kisses her)
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Personally I would make a list of the pros and cons and have your reasons spelled out clearly as to what your concerns are, with such a big decision it is important that you are both on the same page.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  3. Senior Member
    I think both of you need to individually sit down and write out what you are thinking, so I guess kinda like a pro/con list, and then discuss it together. This way maybe you can see things better from where he is at, and hopefully he will see things better from where you are at.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandy89 View Post
    I think both of you need to individually sit down and write out what you are thinking, so I guess kinda like a pro/con list, and then discuss it together. This way maybe you can see things better from where he is at, and hopefully he will see things better from where you are at.
    ditto. Perhaps if he's headstrong on living with his parents, you find a roommate situation or a cheaper place to rent (or even live with your parents) until you finish school.
    As for the savings, did he contribute any of his pay to the savings? If so, then he's entitled to use some of it as well.

For the time being, can you cut back on stuff that you don't really need? Like cable, extra phone plans, going out to eat so much, etc?

As for him not extended, maybe he's totally done? You can't really expect him to extend (or maybe even they said no) if he's just no longer in the mindset and is burned out.
  5. "She who waits also serves"
    "She who waits also serves"
    Blog Entries
    Hard! My guy is back and fourth about getting out too. I recently graduated from college and I know how tough it is to find a job right now! Military is a tough tough way to go....but hey I remind him its a guaranteed paycheck with health benefits etc.
    " Love that guy to the Moon and back! "

6. Senior Member

I am not trying to add more to your plate but please tell your DH it takes about 3-4 months before those VA school benefits; including the BAH kick in.

We are currently using them and it took 3 months for us. Of course, you get it all in backpay, but it is difficult waiting for it. We had to use a huge chunk of our savings.