Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Final move while seperating - please help!!

1. Junior Member

Final move while seperating - please help!!

Advertisements
    Does the military move your stuff anywhere as long as it is under or equal distance to your HOR? My husband is due to seperate and we are moving to AZ where he will attend college for 2 years through a ROTC scholarship, but his HOR is in PA. He went to TMO today to schedule the move and was told that unless his stuff is to be shipped back to PA, then we will have to pay out of pocket!!! AZ is closer to us than PA so we dont understand!!

Please could someone claify this for me?

Thanks!
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

From what I have read, it has to be your HOR or place of entry into the military E.g You home of Record is PA, but you lived in TX when he joined, he can choose TX or PA.

3. Always & Forever
    Always & Forever
    I believe it is his home town and I believe they will move it to the wives hometown if it is different then the husbands, but I could be wrong. I do not believe they will move stuff anywhere else unless it is under orders. Sorry

Maybe there is some loop hole that a msos wife knows?? Fingers crossed!
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Yeah, i think its HOR.
  5. Senior Member
    We did a DITY move to a place that wasn't HOR and the Navy had no issue with it. We were told it was no issue as long as the mileage was the same. On that note it was in 06 and some things have changed in 4 years.
  6. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    When we moved back from Japan, it went to our HOR. But since we weren't stay there, we had rented a UHaul and the movers moved our shipment straight from the container to our UHaul and we drove it the 300 miles south to Oregon.

But that was in 2008, and it was coming from an overseas move, so I really don't know. I'd definitely keep asking different people at TMO though. You'd be amazed at the variety of answers you get if you keep asking your same question to different people.
  7. Senior Member
    He need to recheck with someone else. I have always been told HOR OR somewhere of an equal or less distance. So if you are getting out (example) while in japan and HOR is PA but you want to go to AZ they will move you to AZ because it is less distance than PA. BUT if you wanted to move to Maine they would not without you covering the cost since it is further than PA.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    it is to the HOR or equal distance- I can get the JFTR regs for you if you want them.
  9. Junior Member
    Thanks for the responses guys Gunsgirl - I was hoping you would respond My husband went back to TMO yesterday to sort it all out and was told this time round that our move will be paid for, so long as the 'rate' doesnt go over what it would have been to Philly, which it probably wont due to us being closer to AZ as of now
  10. Banned
    Banned
    cool! I am glad for you!