Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Spouse Medical Records?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Spouse Medical Records?

Advertisements
    So my hubs got all his medical records when he left active duty. Now to see my first civilian doctor, they are asking for my medical records... will the Navy give me my records? If so, where do I go to ask?

TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure by law regardless of being the Navy all medical providers HAVE to give you your records, but you may (should due to HIPPA) have to sign a release form (allowing them permission to give them to your new Dr.) I would call your previous provider and ask them or ask them who to contact.
  3. Senior Member
    Since he is out I think you have to contact someplace other than the last hospital you were seen at.

Ummmm call the last military hospital you went to and ask for their records dept to find out for sure. They might still have them and if you do, they have to give them to you (or at least copies).
  4. Senior Member
    I'm so glad you asked this. I've been wondering the same thing.
  5. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    if balboa doesn't have them or pen if you went there...i think records go to St Louis MO...but bc he just got out everything should still be where you last were...We transfered over a year ago and we just got ours from balboa and NASNI
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Cool thanks guys! I'll give Balboa a shout... they are mainly concerned with prenatal records, and that was Balboa.

I'll let you guys know what I find out for others who are looking for the same too.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We requested our medical records via phone and fax 3 times and about 7 times through my kids pediatrician. We started the process in July and Wednesday when I took DD to an appt the dr said they literally had just gotten the records on Monday.