Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BuMed?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

BuMed?

Advertisements
    Anyone been help up before by the BuMed process? Hubs is trying to enlist in Selected Reserves, but his stuff is at "BuMed" and there is no way to check the status or anything says our recruiter... is this true? How long will this take? We want to be enrolled in 60 days past his EAOS so that we will get backpaid for the out of pocket medical expenses we have had and then also with this December GI Bill transferability deadline shit, we need the ball to get rolling.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it can take 60 days after EAOS before everything gets processed. you may be cutting it pretty close.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Shit! Okay thanks for the heads up. I guess all I can do is sit and wait eh?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    yeah, for DS it took 6 weeks for him to get everything back, he told ne he was surprised iy came that fast!
  5. Senior Member
    That's why they are trying to streamline the process so the day you get out is the day you immediately go into the Naval Reserves. The Bureau of Medicine take forever which I don't understand why.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    That's why they are trying to streamline the process so the day you get out is the day you immediately go into the Naval Reserves. The Bureau of Medicine take forever which I don't understand why.
    Yeah it totally makes sense to do it that way. We thought it was going to be that way! But when it's not, there is a lapse in insurance coverage and I can't use my NEX scratch tickets, damnit!

I just hope we find something out soon so we can get our healthcare expenses reimbursed. It needs to happen by Dec. 4th and I'm not feeling optimistic at this point.