Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Retirement $ question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Retirement $ question

Advertisements
    ok dh's last official day of being active duty was last Friday-20 yrs over & done & moving on. Well today there was a LARGE amount deposited into our acct from DFAS & of course, I know the rule of do not spend it as you will probably have to pay it back but we were not expecting anything at all---any idea what it could be??? DH will contact DFAS but I want to know now if possible =-) TIA
  2. Senior Member
    I have no idea, but I sure hope you don't have to pay any of it back!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

we do too sweety thanks =-)
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quite possible cashing out unused leave and vacation pay. On the LES there should be a code or discriptor.
    Hope it remains yours, and congrats to him for 20 successful years!!! (And you for supporting him from this end!!!)
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Quite possible cashing out unused leave and vacation pay. On the LES there should be a code or discriptor.
    Hope it remains yours, and congrats to him for 20 successful years!!! (And you for supporting him from this end!!!)
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I was going to suggest his leave pay. Whatever they don't use but haven't lost by the end of their last term will be paid back in a certain amount. I received about 600 for mine, it was about 12 days of leave I believe (I was E-4 2 years).
  7. Senior Member
    I am in agreement with guynavywife.
    Needs work.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We already got his pay for terminal leave-He had 90 days & so we got already paid for that. This is not that though, I am sure of it
  9. Senior Member
    My dh got one final clothing allowance.......totally out of the blue and totally unexpected. He called a bunch of people and they all said it was his to keep. We tried to give it back It's been over a year and I am still worried they will come around and want that money back.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Aundi View Post
    My dh got one final clothing allowance.......totally out of the blue and totally unexpected. He called a bunch of people and they all said it was his to keep. We tried to give it back It's been over a year and I am still worried they will come around and want that money back.
    thanks for the input-I am so anxious for dh to get home & tell me what he has found out =-)