Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay, Moving and leaving the navy. HELP!!!

1. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat

Shocked Pay, Moving and leaving the navy. HELP!!!

Advertisements
    my DH and i are get out of the navy and would like to get the advance moving money for our move?? HELP PLEASE!!

what i meant to ask is... you know how once you get out the navy they will move you one last time and pay for your travel expenses back to the place you enlisted, well who do you talk to to ask about getting that money in advance so you can do it yourself? i know i'm asking this in the wrong thread and section but i'm not sure where to post this question at. i have been wondering around militarysos looking for an area to read up on this or post this question and i keep getting lost. If you know where i should be at or could point me the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

i can't seem to find threads about separating from the navy/military or VA home loans. i guess my lack of sense of direction not only applies to real life but the virtual world as well... sad.

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lmflores8 View Post
    my DH and i are get out of the navy and would like to get the advance moving money for our move?? HELP PLEASE!!

what i meant to ask is... you know how once you get out the navy they will move you one last time and pay for your travel expenses back to the place you enlisted, well who do you talk to to ask about getting that money in advance so you can do it yourself? i know i'm asking this in the wrong thread and section but i'm not sure where to post this question at. i have been wondering around militarysos looking for an area to read up on this or post this question and i keep getting lost. If you know where i should be at or could point me the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

i can't seem to find threads about separating from the navy/military or VA home loans. i guess my lack of sense of direction not only applies to real life but the virtual world as well... sad.

yes the military will pay to return you to the HOR or equal distance-
    yes you can get an advance for the PPM ( DITY)

you will need to go to the finance for the allowances and the travel office ( TO or TMO) to set up the move .

you will get the following allowances-
    per diem
    MALT ( if you drive a POV)
    and 60% advance for the estimated PPM- they will base the 60% on YOUR guess of what your HHG's weigh.
    you will then need to submit the travel claim for the balance of the PPM- AFTER completeing the move- BUT understand it will take 3-5 months for them to process the travel claim- depending on the number of terminal leave days the member takes- they will not process the travel claim until they do his final pay check- this is to prevent an over payment they can not collect after ETS.

adding in- I forgot- they are now allowing ETS to take the 10 days of TLE- but I believe there are additional rules- if you need the info let me know I will look it up for you.
  3. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    yes the military will pay to return you to the HOR or equal distance-
    yes you can get an advance for the PPM ( DITY)

you will need to go to the finance for the allowances and the travel office ( TO or TMO) to set up the move .

you will get the following allowances-
    per diem
    MALT ( if you drive a POV)
    and 60% advance for the estimated PPM- they will base the 60% on YOUR guess of what your HHG's weigh.
    you will then need to submit the travel claim for the balance of the PPM- AFTER completeing the move- BUT understand it will take 3-5 months for them to process the travel claim- depending on the number of terminal leave days the member takes- they will not process the travel claim until they do his final pay check- this is to prevent an over payment they can not collect after ETS.

adding in- I forgot- they are now allowing ETS to take the 10 days of TLE- but I believe there are additional rules- if you need the info let me know I will look it up for you.
    OOOHHH! thank you... i had to ask DH about of the abbreviations but over all that was very clear and straight forward. i do have another question... generally how long does it take to receive the 60% advance? and what is TO or TMO mean?

4. Banned
    Banned
    I suggest applying for the advance 30 days in advance- it will take 7-10 days to process and will direct deposited into your account.

TO/TMO is transportation office or transportation management office ( each branch calls is something different)
  5. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    I suggest applying for the advance 30 days in advance- it will take 7-10 days to process and will direct deposited into your account.

TO/TMO is transportation office or transportation management office ( each branch calls is something different)
    well we are not top of this at all...

i think for us it one of these:
    House Hold Goods
    Personal Property (HHG)
    Relocation Assistance
    Transition Assistance

thank you thank you gungirl for all your help. I'm grateful you were on here to help me find my way through some of this chaos,

now i'm off to serch military sos for threads and Q:A on VA home Loans and the New GI Bill

6. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    so just an update we made it to AZ and DH has started school

THANK GODS for family is all i have to say... the GI Bill has yet to kick in, VA has not connected us about his disability and we still haven't found a home.

i just keep telling myself his happier now that his out... and he is BUT i will be happy when we finally get settled somewhere, find jobs and FINALLY get a routine going.

oh hey we are separate from the navy (aka getting out) and i was wondering if my DH's official last day is Sept 30th does he still receive a last pay check on the 1ST of Oct? just curious.

7. Banned
    Banned
    for the pay- maybe- they will need to audit his entire carreer before the final pay check- sometimes they are all with it and get it done right away sometimes it can take 2-4 weeks to get done.

as for the GI bill DS waited 6 weeks for payment- he applied Aug 1st and just recieved his first payment last week- and it was prorated for august- only got the BAH for the date he started school ( aug 18-) to the end of the month.
    so be prepared for that.
  8. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    for the pay- maybe- they will need to audit his entire carreer before the final pay check- sometimes they are all with it and get it done right away sometimes it can take 2-4 weeks to get done.

as for the GI bill DS waited 6 weeks for payment- he applied Aug 1st and just received his first payment last week- and it was prorated for august- only got the BAH for the date he started school ( aug 18-) to the end of the month.
    so be prepared for that.
    WOW that was very helpful... yeah DH was told that it might be till nov before we see anything from the new GI Bill and he started school Sept 14.

We just sent in our package for the partial POV DITY move we did... i wonder how long that will take.

And we sent in his ID cause we are on terminal leave so i was just wondering if we were going to get a pay check on Oct 1st thats all.

oh and we still haven't heard from the VA about how much disability DH will get...

But wow thanks for the info... i'm so stressing out right now. All the not knowing is killing me.