Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Terminal leave / pay?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Terminal leave / pay?

Advertisements
    I'm really confused. Maybe you can help me!

So when you get out and you have leave saved up you can use it to "get out early" and/or cash it in. Since DH is being medically discharged, he probably won't have the opportunity to more use than like 15 days.. since you don't know your ets until 30days prior (he says outprocessing usually only takes 2 weeks though). He's got over 60 days right now. If he uses 15 to leave early what happens to the other 45, and how do you get paid for them? Do you get a paycheck for an extra month and a half... or is it one big check, when would you get it? Oh and dumb question.. you only get base pay for terminal leave correct?

I'm trying to get an idea for when his paycheck is going to run out.. aka when i'll be running around like this
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    I'm really confused. Maybe you can help me!

So when you get out and you have leave saved up you can use it to "get out early" and/or cash it in. Since DH is being medically discharged, he probably won't have the opportunity to more use than like 15 days.. since you don't know your ets until 30days prior (he says outprocessing usually only takes 2 weeks though). He's got over 60 days right now. If he uses 15 to leave early what happens to the other 45, and how do you get paid for them? Do you get a paycheck for an extra month and a half... or is it one big check, when would you get it? Oh and dumb question.. you only get base pay for terminal leave correct?

I'm trying to get an idea for when his paycheck is going to run out.. aka when i'll be running around like this
    You will get a direct deposit into your account for the amount of days he sells back. The rate is based upon your base pay's daily rate times the number of days your selling.

For example, if your base pay is 3K a month and then they divide that by 30 days to get the daily rate of $100.00. You would then multiply the number of days times the daily rate.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much! DH was trying to explain it, and well he sorta sucks at it! That makes so much more sense now!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    gotta love spam